It is of utmost importance to recycle with a responsible recycler. Here are some reasons why:
- To ensure safe practices and healthy working conditions
- To increase sensitive information and data security
- To prevent electronic waste (e-waste) and its toxic components from being shipped overseas
- To prevent pollution from harming our environment
- To reduce waste and support companies with a low-carbon footprint
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) delivers responsible recycling from the moment an item is dropped off at a facility location to the end of its life in the recycling process. URT is a 100% domestic e-Stewards® certified recycling company; e-Stewards® is the first third-party, independently audited and accredited certification program for electronics recyclers that ensures ethical, responsible recycling and protects customers from liability.
According to the Basel Action Network (BAN), who created e-Stewards®, most e-waste recyclers are not recyclers at all, but rather middlemen shipping subpar product containing toxic waste offshore, where it is often sold without proper testing, dumped or burned in open pits, contaminating the environment and harming area residents. You can learn more about the dumping of toxic e-waste chemicals and other current e-waste problems by watching the adjacent videos.